illusiveRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event GM Application

2 posters

Go down

Event GM Application Empty Event GM Application

Post  Zerya Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:56 am

Name: Asenath
In-Game Name(s): Asenath, Esreva
Time Zone (GMT): -7:00 GMT
Spoken Language(s): English

How experienced are you with Ragnarok?
Fairly. I have been playing, off-and-on, since 2004

How long have you been playing on Illusive?
I just joined.

How well do you know Illusive's rules
]? I've read over them a few times, so I believe I am rather familiar with the somantics of them.

Prior GM experience on another RO server (and references if applicable):
I have never been an RO GM.

How long?
Not applicable

Which position?
Not applicable

Any other similar experience?:
Yes, kind of. A few years back, I played another online game (I am omitting the name, for the sake of mentioning such things as being kind of advertisement-like.) In that game, I ran a few player-held events on a regular basis. Everyone seemed to enjoy them, especially when I held events for new players, such as rabbit hunting, or did silly/fun things like setting up a "matchmaking service" as something of a joke among friends (but other players caught word of it and decided that it would be fun to have such an in-game agency.) It was a primarily roleplaying game, so everything was done in the name of good fun and mainly conducted in-character.

Best part of being GM:
Being there to help other people, helping to solve disputes, being able to utilize creativity.

Worst part of being GM:
I honestly cannot think of anything.

What traits are necessary in a good GM?
Creativity, literacy, a good sense of humor, fairness, respectfulness, patience, willingness to listen, an ability to make unbiased decisions, being willing to listen to the community, responsibility, being able to work well with others, rationality, being able to analyze a situation, willingness to learn, grow, and progress with the community, being able and willing to assist whenever a player needs aid, loyalty to yourself, the server, and the playerbase, approachability, the ability to work both on your own and with the other GMs, reliability, tactfulness, diplomacy, trustworthiness.

Out of these qualities, which do you currently possess?
All of the above

Hours do you plan to GM per week (include times, preferably with respect to server time or GMT):
10:00 AM through midnight -7:00 GMT Monday-Sunday

Available times for being an in-game GM (include weekdays and weekends):

Weekdays: 10:00 AM through midnight -7:00 GMT
Weekends: 10:00 AM through midnight -7:00 GMT

(There would be breaks during that time, naturally, for stuff such as meals and general real-life stuff, but nothing that would take more than a few hours.)

Position applying for (Enforcement, Support, Event, Development):
Event

Examples of work or sample events? (Relevant for Event and Development position):

Here are just a couple of my simpler event ideas. I have a lot of ideas, I'm not going to post all of them here because some of them are quite lengthy and in-depth. If you want to see them though, please don't hesitate to ask.

Musical Chairs

A common yet readily visible item such as Phracon would be placed in a circle to represent chairs. When the host announces "GO", the participants would move around the room, careful not to step on the "chairs." Participants would continue to move around until the Host tells everyone to "Stop!" Then, everyone would try to claim a spot on the Phracon (whatever item). Anyone not standing on the item is elimitated, and one (item) would be removed and the next round would then start. This would keep going until there is one player left. When one person is remaining, the reward would be issued.

Hide And Go Seek

A rather simplistic event, quite common among most servers and games, but fun nevertheless. A GM will hide somewhere; at the start of the event, they will give clues as to where they are hiding (usually a town/city, can be inside or outside buildings, or in easily-found fields.) The GM will announce what town they're in (if they're in a town), whether they're inside or outside of a building; if they're on a field, they will name the town it's closest to and how far away (how many maps/screens they are from said town). Other than that, they will give clues; a simple example would be "I'm in Prontera, near where the knights gather." The first person to find the GM and say "I found you!" gets a prize.

Scavenger Hunt

In this game, the participants hunt for items. The GM will give a list of items to retrieve, as well as a time limit in which the participants have to retrieve said items. The participants must retrieve all the items to win the event; the first person to bring back everything within the allotted time wins.

In the event that there are several people playing, the players will be seperated into teams. The first team to retrieve the items in the allotted amount of time will be the one to win. The Host will distribute the prizes evenly among all members of the winning team.

How do you deal with criticism?

Criticism is something that I appreciate quite a bit. I would rather know what people think without them having to hedge the subject. After all, there is a time to be blunt, just as there is a time in which tact is required. Critcism is something that is meant to help, not hinder.

How do you deal with errors in your own judgment?

Should I err in judgement, I generally reflect upon the mistake(s) that I had made, inform the person/people involved in my mistake that I have rescinded my decision, and seek to rectify where I went wrong. Sometimes, this is something that I can accomplish on my own; while at other times, I will seek another GM's advice or opinion on the matter at hand.

Why do you want to be a GM?

I'd like to be a GM because I want to make the community a more enjoyable place by offering a variety of events, someone whom is easily approachable, and to assist everyone in whatever way that I can, as well as to express my creativity.

What can you contribute to Illusive as a GM?

Anything that is asked of me.

What are your expectations as a GM?

A friendly and fun community, friendly senior GMs that are willing to help if it is necessary, an interesting and fun new experience.

What do you need to properly do your job as a GM?

As an event GM, I would simply need my computer, my creativity, players that are willing to participate in new events.

How can you improve yourself?

The biggest thing that I need to improve upon is my insomnia. I am often online until early morning due to that.

If chosen, what is the first thing you will do as GM?

I would start with an event so that the playerbase would have an idea what to expect from me.

Tell us about yourself:

My name is Ari, I'm twenty-six years old and female. I am a fan of manga, anime, writing, art, music, video games, roleplaying, psychology, and investigation. My life's goal is to be a detective. I'm friendly and love to meet new people, I don't give up when I start something, and I am a caffeine addict- I usually drink between three and four pots of coffee a day. I'm generally easy to get a hold of and get along with.

What is your favorite class? Why?

My favorite class would be the Knight. I like playing tanks, not because of their sheer power, but because they're great for both solo and team missions. Their skillset is fair, their sprites are cute, and they're just a fun class to play. The PecoPecos for the Knight are very cute as well- so that's a plus. Also, I like tank classes that aren't super-powerful, and the Knight fits that pretty well.

Anything else we should know?

Nothing that I can think of.

Zerya

Back to top Go down

Event GM Application Empty Re: Event GM Application

Post  GM Haughty Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 pm

We will review your application with the rest of the team, please be patient and thank for taking the time into creating such a thought full application.

GM Haughty
High Game Master
High Game Master

Back to top Go down