illusiveRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuei's Application

Go down

Shuei's Application Empty Shuei's Application

Post  Shuei Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 am

In-Game Name(s):
Eleina, Syria, Liryr, Helena, Yuia, Ielyf, Aenil, Frylia and Cerilla. (So far.)
Time Zone (GMT):
(GMT +1)
Spoken Language(s):
English, Swedish and Spoken Finnish (If it comes in Finnish writing, it'll take a while for me to translate it.)

How experienced are you with Ragnarok?
Well, been playing RO since around the end of 2000, so 10 years soon? But take away a few years due to being away and not knowing what everyone wrote to you at all times. And it'll land on around 6 years? Maybe. Mad
How well do you know illusiveRO's rules?
As most rules, they're pretty general. I've yet to see a post or anything else with the info about it. So, I'll just write. "Not too well."
Prior GM experience on another RO server:
BlackoutRO, I was the "black sheep" GM Xane.
How long?
Well, up until about when the server rocketed up. Three years ago?... So I guess I was GM for about 2 years.
Which position(s)?
Event/Support/Enforcer GM
Any other similar experience?:
Negatory.
Best part of being GM:
Helping people that need it. Making the game more enjoyable. Doing events. Meeting new people. Having other staff that you can trust.
Worst part of being GM:
People that start to attack you for no reason. People accusing you for something you haven't done.
What traits are necessary in a good GM?
Always be there if someone needs something, don't laze about when something needs to be done. A people person. Being able to decipher people that make no sense. Having control over large crowds. Always on the lookout for hackers, botters or anyone that tries to use a 3rd party program.. (I could go on forever...)
Out of these qualities, which do you currently possess?
Well, of the mentioned ones I've pretty much done all of them a lot. Of those I haven't mentioned.. Well, Plenty.

Hours do you plan to GM per week (include times, preferably with respect to server time or GMT):
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Maximum Availability:
Okay, it got a bit confusing, So let's say like this. I work between 2:00pm to 10:30pm on even weeks mon-wed. And thursday I work 12:00pm to 6:30pm.

Uneven weeks 5:30am to 2:00pm mon-wed, thursday I work 5:30am to 12:00pm.

Then there is a 20 minutes one-way drive.

(I may need some sleep. But that's the "Max" I can be on. Meaning extreme max. Mad)

Minimum Availability:
This is hard to answer. It all depends on what I have to do. But I sit by the computer a lot, so probably not that low. 4-5 hours a day, minimum.

(That is with sleep. And work. And other stuff.)

Position applying for (Enforcement, Support, Event, Scripter, etc):
"All of the above... Except one thing. -Points-" Well, that meaning I can do anything besides script. Willing to learn.
Examples of work or sample events? (Relevant for Event GM and Scripter positions):
Undead avoidance, Hide n' seek, PvP event's are a must do. Tons of more in mind. Simple ones are just easier to mention.
How do you deal with criticism?
I put myself in their spot and try to see it as they do. If that's not possible. Always remain calm. Anger makes things worse, even if it's something trivial.
How do you deal with errors in your own judgment?
I do get sad when I do something wrong. If it hurts someone I get even more sad. But that's a split second since you can't dwell on something for too long. Apologize and hope you're forgiven.
Why do you want to be a GM?
More or less because I want to be helpful. I've had my deal of GMing so if someone else get's a position, then that's fine. I don't have to become a GM, I can enjoy the game anyway.
What can you contribute to illusiveRO as a GM?
Well, if you've read everything above. But besides that? I suppose I can brainstorm dumb idea's. Help when something is needed. Learn to script (If I'll ever get to that). Uh, uh... I can cook! :'D
What are your expectations as a GM?
That I will be able to use the abilities that I've learned as a GM.
What do you need to properly do your job as a GM?
Some "motivation". Comes in a plastic bag, and it's white. -Wink wink-... Nah. Just kidding. Nothing, besides some powers to be able to do events. I could do without powers, but it makes things harder. Being a support GM isn't about anything. So I could just sit in prontera with a chat room and help. Anyone could.
How can you improve yourself?
Tons of ways. I just need to figure out what I need to improve.
If chosen, what is the first thing you will do as GM?
Event!.. Besides that, look around at what people do. Find evil doers. Err.. Right now I don't know what else there is.
Tell us about yourself:
Okay. I'm 21, single, blood type.. xD Nah, I'll not try to do that. Well, I play a lot of games in general. I have a slight interest in computers. I'm not too good at conversing in real life. I love anime/manga. So sometimes I end up in a several day marathon just watching anime or reading manga. :3
I'm a mysterious person, hide a lot about myself if I dislike someone. But that's normal I suppose. I've gotten the recent interest of boxing. So I work out at times. That is a part of the minimum amount.
Uhh, well. If more is needed. Just ask. D: I'm bad at talking about myself.
What is your favorite class? Why?
For PvP? LK, even though it's not the best class. And this is prior to the 3rd job class. Out of the new ones I don't know. LK is otherwise fun, and pretty challenging.
Anything else we should know?
Uhhh.. Ask if something is uncertain.
Shuei
Shuei

Back to top Go down