illusiveRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runesave's application

Go down

Runesave's application Empty Runesave's application

Post  Runesave Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:14 pm

In-Game Name(s): Runesave
Time Zone (GMT): (GMT -6)
Spoken Language(s): English

How experienced are you with Ragnarok?
-I have been playing RO for well over seven years now, on low rates, high rates, everything in between. I feel I'm an incredibly experienced player and I know how the game mechanics work pretty well.

How well do you know illusiveRO's rules?
-I understand the rules and plan to obey them to the letter. (Quite honestly I don't know what answers you're expecting here, for someone applying to say "FUCK THE RULES?")

Prior GM experience on another RO server:
How long? Not long enough to really count as anything because most of the server's never launched. However while working on each server I did gain a good knowledge of how RO script and code works, so I still know what I'm doing.

Which position(s)? Scripter/Designer/Head GM

Any other similar experience?: -

Best part of being GM: Working on the scripts...? I don't know, experience wasn't really long enough.

Worst part of being GM: ^

What traits are necessary in a good GM?
Dedication, good player relationships, willing to work even when discouraged, innovation, and good analytical skills.

Out of these qualities, which do you currently possess?
All of them (or so I'd like to think)

Hours do you plan to GM per week (include times, preferably with respect to server time or GMT):
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Availability:
Weekdays: 5:00pm ~ 10:00pm (GMT -6) (Available sporadically most Hours)
Sat: 8:00am ~ 12:00pm (GMT -6) (Available sporadically most Hours)
Sun: 8:00am ~ 12:00pm (GMT -6) (Available sporadically most Hours)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Position applying for (Enforcement, Support, Event, Scripter, etc): Scripter/Designer

Examples of work or sample events? (Relevant for Event GM and Scripter positions):
I have developed a pretty good plan for an upper tier of custom gear, and have pretty good experience scripting items, as well as some NPCs/quests. I am currently looking into fiddling with skill databases and mechanics.

How do you deal with criticism? I accept it freely and will consider any/all criticism as long as it's not... yknow, just outright troll/flaming.

How do you deal with errors in your own judgment? Admit I am wrong and move on. (as long as I'm actually wrong. If it's debatable I might argue aobut it a bit.)

Why do you want to be a GM? Testing my skills as a scripter and/or designer.

What can you contribute to illusiveRO as a GM? I believe I have great ideas and that I can create a solid, entertaining gameplay experience for the server.

What are your expectations as a GM? ^

What do you need to properly do your job as a GM? Motivation.

How can you improve yourself? Continue working on scripting techniques, learning about the code and how it works.

If chosen, what is the first thing you will do as GM? Plan with the other GMs about where the server is headed/what ideas we should implement.

Tell us about yourself:
What is your favorite class? Why?
I like SinXes and Snipers the best... not sure why. Just do.

Anything else we should know?
I am incredibly dedicated to a project as long as I am motivated to do it. There's usually no problem with my own motivation, but with that of others working with me >_>

Runesave

Back to top Go down