illusiveRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best PVP BOW

4 posters

Go down

Best PVP BOW Empty Best PVP BOW

Post  steelseries Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

(1.0) What bow and/or card combos would be best for pvp/woe?
(1.1) Not rly sure about how card stacking works.

steelseries

Back to top Go down

Best PVP BOW Empty Re: Best PVP BOW

Post  GM Trinity Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:07 am

(1.0)

I think there are a couple of good choices when it comes to picking the "best" bow.

Luna Bow[2] is a good choice. - Not as many slots as some of the others but it has some nice bonuses and a decent weapon attack.

Double Bound[3] is also quite a nice bow. - Has more slots than Luna Bow[2], and has a 5% chance to auto-cast Double Strafing. Has a smaller attack than the other bows though.

Composite Bow[4] is the other suggestion. - The lowest attack out of them by a long way. But it has 4 slots meaning you get a chance to squeeze in some nice damage multiplying cards.

(1.1)
I will give you an example of how card stacking works. I think this is the easiest way to show the idea behind it.

Example

Let's say you want to make a Book[3] to maximise your damage output in Thor's Volcano Floor 1. Your chosen Target of the Stars is Kasa. So you want cards to maximise damage on Fire property monsters, formless monsters and boss type monsters.
The 3 chosen are;

Vadon card - Increase damage on fire property monsters by 20%.
Peco Peco Egg card - Increase damage on formless monsters by 20%.
Abysmal Knight card - Increase damage on boss type monsters by 25%.

I will give 2 possible combinations to show you how stacking is usually the better combination (but not always).

1. [Abysmal Knight x 3] Book.
The damage multiplier for this combination would be 1+(0.25x3) damage. This is because when you use the same card more than once you add the effect, rather than multiply it. Which gives 1.75x damage, or 175% damage. Whichever way you prefer to look at it.

2. [Abysmal Knight, Vadon, Peco Peco Egg] Book
The damage multiplier for this combination of cards is a little different. As all 3 cards are different types of cards. The damage bonus from each is multiplied. So the damage multiplier is 1.25x1.2x1.2=1.8x damage, or 180% damage. Which is a slightly better damage output.

Using several of the same cards isn't always the best option. Finding cards which can combine together nicely like in this example is very useful in maximising your damage in both PvM and PvP. Now I will leave the thinking for possible PvP/WoE card combinations down to you. A few useful cards to use would be Hydra card, Turtle General card and Skeleton Worker card. Sorry for giving such a long answer. I hope my answer is helpful and of great use to you. Smile

GM Trinity.
GM Trinity
GM Trinity
Event GM
Event GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomsday Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am

seeing as atm the our gears are official stats untill the changes come.

so some of the cheapest and best bows out there for pvp and pvm are the following

pvp: 1) +7 Gukkang Bow [2] with two hydra cards

pvp 2) +10 Comp Bow with 2 Hydra cards and 2 (status like magnolia, etc) cards

for pvm use the following

+7 Gukkang bow [2] with 2 skeleton prisoner cards
+7 Gukkang bow [2] with 2 santa poring cards
+7 Gukkang bow [2] with 2 hydra cards

etc

Doomsday

Back to top Go down

Post  sexslave Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:27 pm

i want to say sumtin so bad.... :/ but but i just cant