illusiveRO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Update

5 posters

Go down

Status Update Empty Status Update

Post  GM Tsumi Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:31 am

Alright, a lot of you are probably wondering what the hell is going on with the server right now. I know it's been offline for "maintenance" for something nearing three weeks now, but rest assured, there ARE a lot of updates being done, including:

• Fixes to the 3rd-tier skills which obviously were extremely buggy. A large portion of the problems with these skills were fixed.
  • Getting the equipment mall up and running
  • Work has started on a whole bunch of custom gear and quests, including (from what I'm told,) wings!
  • Lots of cool new event-related stuff (can't give away many details, but they're pretty fun)
  • And some stuff I don't know if I have the authority to mention >_>

But perhaps the most important thing that needs to be told is this:

The server is still in the BETA Phase.

We all know things haven't run that smoothly since launch, including lots of exploitable bugs (that I feel I should point out, NOBODY really told the GM team about (the armor bug? Come on guys.)). The GM team feels that it's necessary that the server should officially be announced to still be in BETA, which means a few things:

1. Server times may not always be up, but will MOST LIKELY USUALLY be up (like, 95% of the time), barring large update/fixes like this one.

2. Things will be changing, a lot. Frequently (I hope).

3. Unfortunately, there WILL be a server wipe when the server goes truly live.
3b. HOWEVER, to compensate, all our beta testers will be given special rewards when the server goes live! Your precious work will NOT go to waste under any circumstances. For starters, while we cannot preserve your hard-leveled characters, all those who hit Third Tier will be given a free Lv 99 Second Tier character class of the corresponding job, and Second Tier will be given a First Tier Lv 99. First Tier classes during the time of the wipe will preserve their levels. Items will unfortunately HAVE to be wiped. Additionally, we might give out some special beta-tester only gear, signifying "Yes, I was among the very first players!" You'll be the envy of all the newbies! Very Happy

4. In order to promote the bug-fixing aspect, we are implementing a bug-fix reward system. When we are informed of a bug or some sort of fatal glitch, or something that just doesn't work, the informant will receive a small reward (size varying based on the degree of the glitch), that will carry over to when the server goes live!

I know we've all hit some rough times in the past month or so of this server's release, but I hope that you will all consider staying true to our server. It's a rough ride for sure, but be assured that the GM Team honestly wishes the best for the server and our players. I hope that you will remain dedicated to us even when things aren't exactly working right, and I am looking forward to see the server move on with progress in the future!

~To a hopeful future!

GM Tsumi

GM Tsumi
eADeveloper
eADeveloper

Back to top Go down

Status Update Empty Re: Status Update

Post  Entrux Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 am

Smile

Entrux

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Haughty Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Oh... good to know.

GM Haughty
High Game Master
High Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Songai Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 pm

keep up de good progress Smile
btw curious, how about if you have a transed char that is near third tier, for exemple a transed char lvl 96/65. will be that a non-trans lvl 99 or will it be a lvl 99 transed??

Greetzz Songai

Songai

Back to top Go down

Post  Blizz Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm

finally news of some sort. glad that the server hasn't gone offline permanently. we'll all be anticipating the server coming online again.
Blizz
Blizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum